Xp_pop3 Extended Stored Procedure For MS SQL
The extended stored procedure xp_pop3 makes accessing a POP3 email boxes very easy from your MS SQL Server. Using this procedure will enable you to build a powerful email processing system based on the MS SQL Server.
Add your new Extended Stored Procedure from a Visual Studio Data Project, or using the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, or by executing the following SQL command:
- The name of POP3 server.
- The email account.
- The password.
- One of the following commands:
- Read the message.
- Read the message header only.
- Read the message header only and delete the message from the email box.
- Read the message ID and size of the message (in octets).
- Delete the message from the email box.
Is a positive number when:
message_id = 0 - 'command' affect to all of the messages in the email box.
message_id > 0 - 'command' affect to the message with ID = message_id.
You may release the DLL from the Server (to delete or replace the file), by using the SQL command: